Family Medicine practitioners are specially trained to meet the health care needs of individuals and the entire family. PMC’s family practitioners care for patients at all of our locations and provide a full range of family medical services, including preventive care, health screenings and physical examinations for the treatment and management of chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
Our family practitioners also cover obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics and behavioral health counseling. Our exemplary services include:
- Ongoing care for common medical illnesses of adults and children, from the newborn to the geriatric patient.
- Women’s health care and gynecology, including birth control, Pap tests and colonoscopy.
- Care of the pregnant woman, including delivery and newborn care.
- Care for acute illnesses and minor injuries, such as sprains, strains, cuts and fractures.
- Preventive medical care and health maintenance for all age groups, including all types of physical examinations.
- Common medical procedures, including minor skin surgery, wart treatment, toenail surgery, acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation and vasectomy.
- Home visits and nursing home visits to existing patients, when necessary.
- Individual patient education and nutrition counseling.
- Psychological counseling for children, families, couples and individuals.
- Chronic disease management.
Also, PMC’s Family Medicine physicians collaborate with other providers, specialists and hospitals in providing patients with the most appropriate treatment options offering the best possible outcomes.